Monday, November 29, 2010

Runrio Leg 3: Unilab Run United 2

Runrio Leg 3: Unilab Run United 2
November 21, 2010
Bonifacio Global City

The 3rd and last leg of the Runrio Trilogy was a success.  Before I talk about what happened during the run, I would like to thank Coach Rio for coming up with this wonderful event.  Also to Unilab for sponsoring this the 2nd time around.. There were some hitches during the registration period but all of these were forgotten when race day came (at least for me).  Knowing Coach Rio, the race was really organized and I had fun running my 1st 15k race.  It was a nice experience and nothing not so good happened along the route. Lots of water stations, marshals, and signages along the route.

I was so happy to finish my 1st 15k race with unofficial time of 2:19:10. Run/walk sequence was at 3/1 and I was able to sustain it the whole duration of the run.  Hope to improve my pace for the TBR Dream Marathon on March.  I was able to control my heart rate with an average of 90% of my maximum heart rate.  Monitoring the heart rate is really important specially for long distance running. This will keep me going until the last kilometer.


The only problem I had was at the 13km mark where I felt a slight cramp on my right calf.  Good thing I was wearing a pair of compression socks, saved my run until the finish line.  It was a last minute purchase at Second Wind Store in Ortigas a day before the race. A good investment for an injury free running.  Now I have to work hard and never to have cramps in my next long distance runs.


There were several RR Runners who joined the race. Day 1: Dindin Ferrer, Ellen Prudencio, Boyet de Leon, Ria Roca. Day 2: Sheila Alon, Ronald Abad, Moses Lazaro. Only had picture taken with Moses, did not see Sheila and Budz around the village.


I'm now getting ready for my first 21km at Subic on Jan 09.  Hope to do a 5/1 Run/Walk sequence by then or even better.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Check out our new FB Page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/-Blogs-Ng-Pinoy-/115630028504253?v=wall

    ReplyDelete